Monday, January 14, 2013

Goals and Resolutions

As we begin the new year, I had my students revisit and revise their personal and academic goals. My door has a quote from the late Zig Ziglar.  It says, "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."  Each student wrote their goal, wore a party hat and blew a party horn as I took their picture.  It made an adorable door with a visual reminder of their goals. I was very emotional as I added the pictures to my door because I knew one of my little lovelies was missing.  One of my sweet second graders was diagnosed with Leukemia in October and he has not been able to return to school yet.  I sent a note home and asked his mom to send me a picture for our updated door.  This is what I received.
I think his goal says it ALL.  Get Well Soon Landon!!!! We miss you everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment