Saturday, September 22, 2012

Epic Fail and Pinterest Creation

My goal this year was to post more than once a week in my new adventure in 2nd grade.  I just realized that it has been more than a month since I posted.  We are not six weeks into the new school year and already my blogging has been an EPIC FAIL!
I must say that so far I am thrilled with my move down to second grade.  I am loving the sweetness of my second graders.  They are working so hard and already I am seeing a lot of progress.
Our school is in our second year of our Leader in Me training.  We are embracing the 7 Habits of Happy Kids and trying to instill leadership traits in our students.  As part of this we are required to have the 7 habits displayed in our room.  It is strongly encouraged to have the habits displayed on a tree.  When I moved into my new room, there was a Palm tree with the 7 Habits displayed on the Palm Fronds.  I didn't like it but it served a purpose, so I left it on my wall....until this week.  I finally decided what I wanted my tree to look like.  This summer I saw trees on Pinterest with framed family photos on walls everywhere.  I'm not a painter and I refused to pay an arm and leg for a vinyl tree.  Several weeks ago, Zulily.com had vinyl trees on their site.  Of course, I had to order one.  When it arrived the rest of my plan began.  I made a trip to dollar tree for eight 5x7 frames, and to Wal-Mart for the brightest spray paint I could find.  I found the cutest 7 Habits posters from Rachel Lamb here.  I went to school early the next day to put it all together.  I LOVE it!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment