Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wax Museum

Days like today make me proud to be a teacher.  After a trying week, I needed today.  I was so proud of the efforts my students made with their 7 Habits Wax Museum.  During the past few weeks students researched a person that represented one of the 7 Habits of Happy Kids.  After their research, they wrote and memorized a speech about their person and how they represented one of the habits.
As 1:30 approached I could feel the nerves of my students.  I was worried they would freeze when visitors and parents arrived.  I was ecstatic when my normally silly, rambunctious kids performed flawlessly.  They spoke clearly and not one forgot their speech.  This activity and idea came from a unit I purchased on Teacher Pay Teacher here.
Bear Bryant, John Heisman, and Shug Jordan

Anne Sullivan, Helen Keller, Maya Angelou, George Washington Carver

Maya Angelou, George Washington Carver, Clara BArton

Mae Jemison

John Heisman, Bear Bryant, Bill Gates


Helen Keller, Anne Sullivan
Clara Barton



Parents watching the performance!
Now we continue working on our PBL unit planning a field trip for a class from another school.

No comments:

Post a Comment